Statement of Faith Form
The doctrinal position of Faith Bible College is in alignment with the historic position of conservative, evangelical Christianity. This abbreviated statement is excerpted from the full doctrinal statement, which you can read by clicking the icon on the left. Please read and sign below.
2. We believe that there is one living and true God, the Creator of all things, an infinite, all-knowing Spirit, perfect in all His attributes, one in essence, eternally existing in three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, absolutely sovereign in all things.
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is Deity, the eternal Son of God, who became man without ceasing to be God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin. We believe that Jesus Christ lived a sinless life, voluntarily and actively laying down His life, the just dying for the unjust, making it possible for man to be saved. We believe that He rose bodily from the dead on the third day and that He ascended into Heaven to the right hand of the Father, where He acts as our Intercessor and Advocate, the only true Mediator, between God and man.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is Deity, the third person of the Godhead, co-equal and co-existent with the Father and the Son. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify Jesus Christ and to convict and regenerate the unbeliever. He indwells, guides, instructs and empowers the believer for godly living and service.
5. We believe that sin is anything that does not conform to the character or command of God. We believe that all of humanity sinned in Adam, that every human being has a sin nature; that all men commit personal sin; and that unregenerate men remain under the condemnation of God.
6. We believe that salvation, being an act of God, is accomplished by the grace of God through man’s repentance and faith in the death, burial, and bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, and that all believers are kept by God’s power and are thus secure in Christ forever.
7. We believe that the true Church is made up of those who have been saved through faith in Christ and indwelt by the Holy Spirit; that it is a universal, invisible, living organism; and that it is the “Body of Christ” over which He Himself is the Head. We believe that local churches are to be the visible representation of the Body of Christ in their communities, observing the commands of Christ in reference to baptism and the Lord’s Supper and teaching the Word of God for the edification of the saints and evangelism of the lost.
8. We believe in a second, literal, personal, bodily, visible, triumphant and glorious return of Jesus Christ to the earth to initiate and rule over His earthly kingdom. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust; the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost; and the everlasting, conscious blessedness of the saved.